|Neurotoxicology and Teratology: Official journal of DNTS|
Improve the acceptability of your submission and hasten its review!
To improve the quality and acceptability of your manuscript and decrease the time to publication in Neurotoxicology and Teratology (NT&T), please read the following supplement to the "Guide for Authors": Practical considerations on the design, execution and analysis of developmental neurotoxicity studies to be published in Neurotoxicology and Teratology.
This supplement provides helpful guidance for adult and developmental neurotoxicity studies on effectively and fully communicating:
• The scientific question(s) addressed
• The hypotheses to be tested or generated in the study
• Selection of subjects, sample sizes, apparatus, defined outcome measures
• Statistical methods designed to answer the initial questions
• Analysis of data, including the use of the litter as the statistical unit of analysis in developmental
• Results of the study, including tables and figures
• A balanced interpretation of the observations
Note that the editors and reviewers will evaluate your submission on the basis of these issues, as they are developed in the supplementary guidance document referenced above. The better your submission incorporates this guidance, the higher the likelihood of rapid publication and the greater its impact.